Make kindness an everyday thing …
It’s World Kindness Day today. Creating a company culture that makes kindness an everyday thing can reap rewards for an organisation, no matter how large or small you are. How could you create this culture in your company?
Keep kindness simple
It could be as simple as encouraging staff to:
- find out something new about a colleague
- send uplifting emails to each other from time to time
- give space to each other in meetings to have your say without interruption
- have intentional moments of laughter with everyone
- make someone smile every day
- give away their parking spot occasionally to someone who needs it
- share a compliment with a colleague
- say thank you for a job well done
- get the coffees in for everyone!
To help make kindness an ‘everyday thing’ we offer our Recognition module as part of the standard offering with BenefitHut®. It’s also a way to support the retention of your most valued employees. You encourage others to be kind by providing a space for them to give their co-workers a meaningful and public pat on the back.
The Recognition module is complete with fun and engaging social interaction tools and at the same time we’ve kept it really simple for you to set up and maintain.
For staff that go that extra mile you can also reward employees, through the module, with a gift that matches your company values. Perks are only limited by your imagination. Some go for experience days, an afternoon off or even a valet service!
Engaged and motivated staff
By encouraging kindness, staff become team players who want to support and contribute to the wider team goals. They become happier, more engaged and motivated to do their job well. In turn you get improved customer service and satisfaction. This can then result in increased productivity and improved organisation health and bottom line.
To find out more about BenefitHut® from You at Work and our Recognition module visit youatwork.com